Monday, April 20, 2009

TMO...I hate you.

For those of you without the "notebook of military acronyms," TMO are the people in charge of getting all your stuff to Japan, organizing the move date and all of that great stuff. I only tell you this because its crucial for the rest of the story.

Anyway, we sent out our first shipment March 16th which consisted mainly of an air mattress, all of our kitchen goods, towels, sheets and clothes. All of these items are important, but some are more important than others. For instance, while we've been here - we have had no microwave, no pans to cook with, we did buy a kettle to boil water, but to say the least - my cooking genius has been compromised. Our diets have consisted of fruits, lots of salads and eating out! Before I left America, I decided to try the vegan diet which was great and I loved it, but it definitely mandates that you eat at home a lot so its been compromised to merely vegetarian for now. Anyway, the point of the story is that I need my kitchen stuff. I'm going nuts. The end. No, no, no, not the end. We were told that this 'express shipment', as the military calls our first shipment, is due to be in Japan on April 22nd. All last week and this week, I've been so excited! So, Jason goes to work and calls TMO to find out what time everything is to be delivered and to make sure I am home. TMO has no idea where any of our stuff is at this time and it certainly will not be delivered on the 22nd. Not to mention our main shipment is MIA which has priceless things in it such as paintings my Dad purchased, a lot of clothes...ok, well, the paintings are all I'm really working with right now that I'm concerned about.

I hate this and seriously, this might just ruin the rest of my day! I think I'm going back to bed and reading my book of "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. If anyone has read it, you can witness to the amazingness of it all!
Blast you, TMO!

Everything else is going fine. We bought a TV because I couldn't handle the silence anymore. One of our other TV's was on express which we thought about holding out for, but I am so glad we didn't. I joined a Bible study for Protestant women which starts next Tuesday at 9 A.M. Hopefully, that will help me feel less isolated here. Jason's workdays are consisting going to work at about 4:30 AM and coming home about 5:30 PM. He usually is in bed by 9 or so which gives me a lofty 3 1/2 hours with him a night and an hour is usually spent at the gym. So in reality, we've got 2 1/2 hours together a day, but tough days were made for tougher people and at the end of the day - we're fine. School starts in June for me, so hopfeully that will help pick up the pace of my life here in Japan. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie and Jason,
Thank you for keeping us updated! We will start praying that all your belongings come to you in Japan,especially the paintings.
I am glad you guys got a TV.
It will be exciting for school to begin for you, Katie in June.
I know the Bible Study will be awesome and a great support.
I have a couple of things I want to send you so what is your address?
I pray daily for each of you, Katie and Jason,
I love you Katie
I love you Jason
Love and Hugs,
Aunt Susan