Wow! We've been in Japan for about a week and a half and I haven't really had time to write anything. I apologize profusely. To say that it has been a fast paced week and a half is quite the understatement. I'm sitting in our apartment on base that we moved into this morning. I know it sounds odd, but for some reason as I see our clothes on the floor because we don't have our furniture until June 2nd, it's truly dawned on me that I really am in Japan. Japan. As in the other side of the world? Gosh knows where our stuff is at this point. We really have surrendered control with this one! In an odd way, I do believe that God plans our lives to show us lessons which need to be learned in that exact moment. I believe the lesson learned for me is that I need to trust that things will be fine in whatever capacity they are meant to be...his capacity! Sure enough, on my lowest of days, I went to the exchange and thought to myself, 'It will be a good day when I come here and actually see a familiar face.' Low and behold, I run into Karen Allen, a friend from Camp Lejeune, who's 4-year-old had to use the bathroom, so she had stopped in the exchange to let him use the bathroom. What are the odds?! I am convinced it was God's way of showing me that it will be fine. I will be fine. Just trust in his plans for me and that my wishes are not falling on deaf ears despite what it feels like right now. Ok, enough about my faith, I'm sure my Dad would accuse me of being evangelical at this point and would warn me that people might think I am a 'religious nut'.
New topic!
It seems that Jason will be leaving me sooner than later and I really will be on the other side of the world by myself! When I got married at 22, my family was very concerned that I would not truly know independence. The Marine Corps has a funny way of making you have your independence regardless of your own choice. It really is like jumping and hoping that the net appears. At our 'Welcome Aboard' brief, a man stood up and said, "This is an accompanied tour for the Marine and an unaccompanied tour for the spouses. Your servicemember will always be gone." Seriously?! Awesome. Things are still up in the air as to exactly if he'll be on a MEU, in Afghanistan or Iraq, but its looking like the MEU. Apparently, he's more likely than many to deploy to Afghanistan or Iraq from Japan because a lot of the Marines here haven't deployed and don't have the experience. So if you deploy a few times, its only fair you have to do it before someone else who hasn't?! Jeez, things don't make sense sometimes, but what can you do?!
Another great thing is that I've gotten my LISENCE here. Yep, I'm a professional driver for the United States Government. Apparently, my liscense is granted by the American government instead of the Japanese government. With their endorsement, they are saying I am equivalent of a professional driver. Really?! Anyone who has ridden with me might beg to differ, Uncle Sam. Aside from the crazy road signs (pictured above), things are great and Jason and I managed to make it to Shuri castle. I'm adding a new post for some of those pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment