Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shuri Castle pictures!


The King's throne. This is totally where I'd sit if this was the Miller house! :) The part I'm leaving out here is that I had to walk a quarter of a mile, barefoot, in a building with a LOT of other people to get to this point. Gross, Gross, Gross! When in Rome...


The view of Okinawa from the Guard tower at the castle! Yes, it's insane how everything is all smushed together!

Seriously, I can't get over how amazing it is!


Look! I'm the the little white spot! I didn't alter or brighten anything in this picture! It really is THIS colorful!



This was outside the gate going into the castle, but at this point I thought this was as cool as it could be. Truth be told, I love the red and blue.




The main part of the castle! It was built in the 15th Century, blown apart during WWII and then rebuilt.


I apologize, as well, for these pictures being SO out of order. I'm still getting the hang of it!

2 comments:

Andreia said...

Amazing pictures. Specially that temple. Wish I could visit Japan someday too!

Ashton Clemmons said...

These are amazing pictures! We cannot wait to see them in person. So glad you are out seeing things, keep the pictures coming!